Statement of policy and purpose of policy
1. Durbins Lettings is committed to equal opportunities for client, landlords and tenants.
2. It is our policy that all employment decisions are based on merit and the legitimate business needs of the organisation. The Employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, colour or nationality, ethnic or national origins, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, disability, religion or belief, age or any other ground on which it is or becomes unlawful to discriminate under the laws of England and Wales (referred to as Protected Characteristics).
3. Our intention is to enable all our staff to work in an environment which allows them to fulfill their potential without fear of discrimination, harassment or victimisation. The Employer’s commitment to equal opportunities extends to all aspects of the working relationship including:
• recruitment and selection procedures;
• terms of employment, including pay, conditions and benefits;
• training, appraisals, career development and promotion;
• work practices, conduct issues, allocation of tasks, discipline and grievances;
• work-related social events; and
• termination of employment and matters after termination, including references.
4. This policy is intended to help the Employer achieve its diversity and anti-discrimination aims by clarifying the responsibilities and duties of all staff in respect of equal opportunities and discrimination. The Employer will promote effective communication and consultation between the Employer and staff concerning equal opportunities by means it considers appropriate.
5. The principles of non-discrimination and equal opportunities also apply to the way in which staff treat visitors, clients, customers, suppliers and former staff members.
6. This is a statement of policy only and does not form part of your contract of employment. This policy may be amended at any time by the Employer, in its absolute discretion.